So in an attempt to bring some order to the chaos I have done what I do best........write a list!
These are the projects/tasks that I have set myself to do in the next 4 weeks (after which we travel again to England to have the baby there).
- Make a series of Montessori mobiles for the new baby (a whole series of posts coming on this project)
- Dig out all the baby clothes and things that are in boxes somewhere (and get them all washed and ready)
- Prepare the babies environment (sleeping/changing etc). I have big plans for this!
- Completely spring clean and declutter the house (hello nesting instinct)
- Have a go at a few sewing projects
- Partchwork blanket
- Fabric puzzle ball
- Maybe even knit something? OK this is unlikely but I would love to make a knitted blanket.
|The Flowing Rhythm mobile from Flensted Mobiles|
A note on sleeping arrangements: Freddy co-slept with us from birth (and still does) and whilst it is wonderful in many many ways I have to admit that at 20 months he still needs to be nursed or rocked to sleep (several times each night) and I just don't think I'm able to do this again. We are hoping to have a healthy blend of sleep independence a la Montessori and attachment parenting which we still feel is 'our style'. My plan is to prepare for all eventualities and if we end up with 4 in the bed then so be it but we will see how we get on with actually using one of our spare bedrooms as a bedroom for a change.